Red Pixel Studios provides hosting services through Rackspace and WPEngine.
Clients whose sites are hosted at Rackspace must follow the Rackspace Acceptable Use Policy, which can be found at rackspace.com/information/legal/aup.
Clients whose sites are hosted at WPEngine must follow the WPEngine Acceptable Use Policy, which can be found at wpengine.com/aup.
If you are a client and are not sure about where your site is hosted or if you have questions regarding these policies, please contact us.
Hosting Acceptable Use Policy Highlights
Below we have highlighted the actions that users should avoid to prevent violations.
You may not use the Rackspace Cloud’s network or Services to engage in, foster, or promote illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior.
Excessive Use of System Resources
You may not use any shared system provided by Rackspace in a way that unnecessarily interferes with the normal operation of the shared system, or that consumes a disproportionate share of the resources of the system. You agree that we may quarantine or delete any data stored on a shared system if the data is infected with a virus, or is otherwise corrupted, and has the potential to infect or corrupt the system or other customers’ data that is stored on the same system.
Bulk or Commercial E-Mail
You must obtain the Rackspace Cloud’s advance approval for any bulk or commercial e-mail.
You may not attempt to probe, scan, penetrate or test the vulnerability of a Rackspace Cloud system or network or to breach the Rackspace Cloud’s security or authentication measures, whether by passive or intrusive techniques, without the Rackspace Cloud’s express written consent.
Newsgroup, Chat Forums, Other Networks
You must comply with the rules and conventions for postings to any bulletin board, chat group or other forum in which you participate.
You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using the Rackspace Cloud services.
You may not publish, transmit or store on or via the Rackspace Cloud’s network and equipment any content or links to any content that the Rackspace Cloud reasonably believes:
- Constitutes, depicts, fosters, promotes or relates in any manner to child pornography, bestiality, or non-consensual sex acts;
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy;
- creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- infringes on another person’s copyright, trade or service mark, patent or other property right;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling or illegal arms trafficking;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to the Rackspace Cloud; or
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent or may result in retaliation against the Rackspace Cloud by offended viewers.
You may not use the Rackspace Cloud’s network or Services to download, publish, distribute, or otherwise copy or use in any manner any text, music, software, art, image or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner; or
- you are otherwise permitted by established copyright law to copy the work in that manner.