No static IP, no problem.
NimbusUpdate is an application for Mac OS X that delivers the benefits of a static, public IP address on networks where addresses are dynamically assigned.
It synchronizes your network’s address with CloudFlare-managed domain name records that you specify, adding the convenience of referencing your network by name instead of a series of numbers.
NimbusUpdate is a set-and-forget utility that essentially runs in the background, but is conveniently accessible from the Mac OS X menu bar, just in case.
- Open NimbusUpdate and look for the cloud icon in the menu bar, click it and choose Preferences.
- Copy your CloudFlare API key to the clipboard.
- Click the add (+) button at the bottom of the preferences window.
- Paste your CloudFlare API key and enter your CloudFlare account email address and the domain, then click Add.
For your convenience all DNS records for the domain will appear in the NimbusUpdate list.
- Remove any records you do not want changed by NimbusUpdate by selecting the record and clicking the remove (-) button.
- Close the NimbusUpdate Preferences window and confirm your changes.
- MacOS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or greater.
- Domain name.
- CloudFlare account.